Monday, July 17, 2006

Could've Been

If you are like me, the title of this post immediately makes you think of a Tiffany song and the words just run through your head. Anyway, I was thinking today about whatever and that train of thought somehow lead me to how my life would have been different if I had ended up with other boys I dated or had crushes on. I have noticed that a lot of people grow to be more similar to their spouse than they were as a solo artist. I know I did. My vocabulary has changed some. My outlook on cetain situations is different...I think you get the idea. So, as I was thinking, I realized that I not only would have had a totally different life with someone else, but I would be different. Maybe this is just rambling to some of you, but it made a pretty good impact on me as I thought about it. I am glad I have the life I got. With other boyfriends I would maybe have had more money or new stuff (instead of all our hand me down furniture). I might have been in debt instead of only owing on my house. I might have been stuck in my hometown. I might not have been able to travel like I get to. I might have been 30 before I had my first kid. There are things I don't have in my life that I know others would have provided, but I wouldn't want to give up what I have for those things. (Sorry if I lost you there...I was purposely trying to be vague.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did some of that while in Idaho last week. Much of my extended family is loaded - including cousins who are younger than I am. I wondered if I would have chosen a different path had I stayed out there, or if I would feel more pressure to keep up. I decided I like my little working class neighborhood - the people are more fun!